Monday, February 14, 2011

Week 64

Buenos Dias Mis Seres Queridos

This week was really crazy, lots of doctors involved haha I still have my cough, after 3 different kinds of prescriptions, dumb, but hopefully it will go away when the weather warms up. We had to take Elder Lang downtown for a checkup with his diabetes doctor, the trip downtown was really scary, I just cannot drive down there without having ultra anxiety. Then on Thursday Elder Morin hurt his ankle while biking and we had to take him to the emergency room because it wouldn't stop bleeding. We were at the hospital from 9:30pm-11:30pm which was really weird because I have never been out of the apartment that late during the mission. Fortunately Elder Morin did not break his ankle and did not need stitches, just has to be on crutches for awhile.
Friday I hit my 15 month mark in the mission and one of our investigators threw me a quinceanera, which is like when white people have a "sweet 16", in Hispanic culture they have a HUGE party when girls turn 15. They made me buy a dress and wear a crown, it was so fun. I did not buy a big poofy dress like what would normally be worn in a quince, but I found a cute one at ross that I can keep wearing during the mission, woo hoo. I love the people we are teaching, we are all like best friends. We are trying to establish good relationships with the members of our congregation and the youth in the ward and are seeing the fruits of our labors. The youth are bringing friends to mutual and we are getting a ton of referrals. My only complaint is that our area is so huge that we waste so much time driving around and I wish we could just work work work all day long.

You guessed it, no time. I love you all and wish I could promise a longer email next week, but I can't haha I like P-Day activities too much ;)
Con Amor
Hermana Taets

No comments:

Post a Comment