Monday, February 14, 2011

Week 63

Hola Hola Hola

Guess what? No time. Bullet Points.
Car Accident. Yep, we got in a car accident on Thursday, but thankfully it was very very minor and there was no damage to our car. It was raining a little bit so the roads were slick, I was stopped at a red light and was rear ended by a car that skidded. It was a very interesting experience and I know that we were protected. As I was stopped at the red light I saw the car skidding in my rear view mirror and thought to myself, "Well, no one is in front of me, should I move up and avoid an accident?" but a soft voice in my head seemed to whisper, "don't move." So, I stood my groud and watched the car hit us. I am not 100% sure why I wasn't supposed to move, but I think that if I would have moved forward we still would have been hit and then pushed into the cars the were making left hand turns. I am so grateful for the gift of the Holy Ghost, that He is my constant companion and is guiding me each day. My only complaint about the accident is that after we got the guy's insurance information and saw there was no damage I tried to give him one of the new mormon.org pass-a-long cards, and he said no! Can you believe that? You just rear ended me buddy, the least you can do is take the card, say thank you, and continue on your merry way. sheeeeesh. People these days.
Tovar Family. We started teaching a new family this week and they areso sweet. The 13 year old daughter has cancer, so the family is very humble and seeking to gain a stronger relationship with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. It is so sad to see so many children who are affected by cancer. I had no idea before my mission that there are so many children with cancer, but now that I have taught several families who have children with cancer I am starting to realize how far reaching the disease is. I pray that this family will be able to feel the Holy Ghost strongly testify to them of the truth as we teach them in their home and that the gospel will bring them comfort in this time and need.
A lot more things happened this week but I think my companion is going to kill me if I make her wait any longer for me to finish up. Sorry, know that I love you all and that I love this work!
Hermana Taets

No comments:

Post a Comment