Monday, February 14, 2011

week 58

FELIZ NAVIDAD!

Oh my crazy, can you believe Christmas is this Saturday? I can't. This week is going to be really epic because we have a lot of activities going on with the mission so that we don't get homesick haha. For example, Wednesday we have a mission wide service project in the morning then sports in the afternoon and then a conference/devotional at night. Thursday is mission wide temple day, yay! Friday is a zone meeting and then we have to be in our apartments by 5:00 pm for safety reasons. Saturday is CHRISTMAS! We are spending it with a family in our ward who spoils us rotten and I love them so much. I am super excited to call home on Saturday and get to talk to my mommy and seester, yay! So, crazy schedule this week, time is going to fly right on by as usual.

Now, I want to share a little thought on Christmas, in light of the season. Something that has really stuck with me is a scripture that is found in the Book of Mormon, in 1 Nephi 11, when the prophet Nephi is shown the birth of the Savior that would occur some 600 years later. After seeing the baby in Mary's arms, the angel asks Nephi, "Do you understand the condescension of God?" and Nephi says that although he doesn't know much, he knows that it is the love of God. I have been thinking a lot about that verse this month. The fact that the Savior would descend from His throne on high to be born as a helpless child in a stable greatly signifies the love that He has for each and every one of us. Thinking a little bit deeper I have wondered, what are the things that I need to do to come down off of my throne and be a little bit more humble? What can I be doing to show Him how much I love Him? Well that is a much longer story for another day. I have much to improve on and am grateful that the Lord has given me this time on my mission to grow and change with His guidance.

I pray everyone has a safe Christmas and that your thoughts are turned to the real meaning of Christmas.
I love you all.
Hermana Taets

No comments:

Post a Comment