Thursday, July 15, 2010

Week 36

Oh my crazy busy week! I only have approximately 14 minutes before our goal time to leave the library and go play soccer, sooo I will try and pack this e-mail with as much as I can by utilizing my favorite literary form: the list.

1. I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride it where I like... -Queen
Hermana Lillywhite went to serve in the Bear Creek area on Friday and Saturday so Hermana Ang and I were left in the great area of Fairbanks. We decided that we wanted to be able to contact more people, which is basically impossible when you are in a car, so we rode bikes on Friday and it was so fun! The Bear Creek Hermanas had two bikes and two helmets that they weren't using so we took them, got the tires blown up, cleaned them up a bit, destroyed the wasp nest that was under the bike seat, bought a lock, and then finally were able to bike around a bit. We didn't go very far because it was getting late, but we did it, and both of us loved it! So, we have decided that next transfer, assuming both of us are still here in this area together, we are going to bike a lot. The only downside (besides goofy helmet, drenched in sweat, almost getting hit by a car, and feeling very very uncoordinated) was that on Saturday I was ridiculously sore...let's just say that the bike seat is not comfortable. At all.

2. GOLLLLLLLLLL.
Saturday morning we had a ward activity, for members, missionaries, investigators, etc. We played a game of soccer for 2 hours and it was so much fun! None of our investigators could go because it was really short notice, but we are going to do it every saturday from now on and I think it will be a really great way for the people we are teaching to make friends in the ward. I didn't play very well, obviously, but I did score one goal and everyone was so shocked, woo hoo. I actually tried though, surprise surprise, and was running, and kicking, ya know, like actually playing. I even enjoyed playing soccer! We play a lot of soccer as missionaries, every P-day as a Zone, and every morning during exercise as a District, so I invested in some cleats so I stop slipping in the mud. They are so cute, they are silver Pumas with light blue on one side and a white cougar on the other. Besides the fact that they are ridiculously cute, they also help me to play better because I don't slip. What a choice investment.

3. Emotional Rollercoaster
Yesterday I went for a ride on an emotional rollercoaster, it was pretty intense, allow me to explain:
Sad: Yesterday was the day of the Arzate family's baptism, yet only the mom, son and daughter were at church. I went and sat with them as usual and asked where the dad was and they said he had to work today so he would not be getting baptized. I wonder if he really was working or if he just got scared, we will see this week when we go teach the family. I am not too worried about the dad because I know he will get baptized, he always tells us that he knows the Book of Mormon is true, and I know he knows that he needs to be baptized. My heart broke, however, for the rest of the family. I know what it feels like to not have your dad at your baptism, and it was one of the hardest things for me. The Arzate's are way strong though and I know they will be a great example to the dad and help him prepare for his own baptism.
Nervous: After church was over it was time for the Arzate baptism, and they had asked me to give a short talk on baptism, so I was very nervous to get up in front of everyone and give a talk in spanish again. My companions said I did well, but my face felt like it was on fire the whole time and I felt so silly.
Ridiculously Happy: I love baptisms, and seeing the three Arzates being baptized almost brought me to tears. I have been teaching this family since February and have grown so close to all of them and love them so much. I feel so blessed to have witnessed the change in each of them as they have grown closer to the Savior, and am excited to witness even more of the changes that will occur in the future as they continue to learn.

No more time, I am now 4 minutes late, eek

Love you all!
Hermana Taets

No comments:

Post a Comment