Wednesday, July 28, 2010

WeEk 38

Hola Mis Seres Queridos

Transfer calls came last Saturday and I am staying in Fairbanks for my 6th transfer and I will be staying with Hermana Ang to continue training her. I am so excited to be staying here one more transfer, especially with Hermana Ang, we get along so well and have the same views and opinions about missionary work and obedience, so I feel like this transfer will be way powerful. I am a little nervous about being senior companion/trainer all by myself for the first time, but also excited to be able to take a little bit more control and start implementing the new changes in the mission.

This last week was pretty crazy. The coolest thing that happened it the story of Herby. We met Herby while tracting through the Spring Woods apartment complex. He was putting some air in his bike tire and we chatted with him a little bit about the Book of Mormon and gave him a pass a long card to call a receive one in the mail. The next day we received a media referral from Utah and the information was for Herby! We were so excited that he called the number and wanted us to come visited. So the next day, after getting our hands on the french Book of Mormon that he had requested, we visited Herby and he is SO cool. He is from Haiti and his native language is french, but he is going to college in Sonora, Mexico so he speaks spanish as well, and a little bit of english. Herby has been here in Texas over the summer as a missionary for the 7th Day Adventist church, which apparently isn't like what we do as missionary, they sell church materials in order to pay for their schooling. We taught him about who Heavenly Father is and he had never heard before that God has a body like we do, except perfect and glorified. As we taught him it looked as if a light bulb had turned on in his head. We have taught him several more times, even though he moves back to Mexico this week :(, and he is a little difficult to teach because he is just a sponge and wants to know everything all at once haha, but I have really loved the opportunity to teach Herby. He has such a hunger to learn and I hope he will continue meeting with the missionaries in Mexico.

Not much else going on, Hermana Ang and I are going to bike it up a ton this week because we don't have a lot of miles left on the car (We are given 1250 miles a month to use on the car and we only have 200 left until saturday, woops). Soccer last saturday was way fun, I scored like 3 goals because my team had me play forward this time, it was way sick. I love being a missionary and am having a blast. Every day I realize more and more how true the gospel is and feel like I am learning so much and drawing nearer unto the Savior. Everyone should serve a mission, haha. I can't believe I am halfway done! It's too soon! Ah!

Amor y Paz
Hermana Taets

No comments:

Post a Comment