Sunday, May 23, 2010

week 25

Buenas Tardes
This last week I had 3 possible outcomes in mind for who my new companion would be, and none of them turned out to be true. I was pretty surprised in fact at who my new companion is but I have faith that she is the companion that the Lord has chosen for me and that there is a great purpose in us being placed together for this next transfer. My new companion is Hermana Lilywhite, and that is pretty much all I can tell you because I have never talked to her before and know nothing about her. She has been in my zone this whole time, just never had the opportunity to really speak with her. I asked Elder Astin where she is from and his response was "Crazy Town," so this next transfer might be very entertaining :) I am really excited to begin a new transfer with a new companion who comes from a different background and has different experiences that I may learn and grow from. I feel like every new transfer is an opportunity to bury old bad habits and become a better version of myself. This transfer I want to be better at stepping up to the plate and not just letting my senior companion do all the talking. I want to be better at talking to EVERYONE. The mission has a goal of each missionary talking to 10 people a day and inviting them to learn more about the gospel. I really want to be able to meet this goal everyday so the Lord will have confidence in me that when he places someone in my path that is prepared to hear our message that I will stop and talk to them. I want to be a bold and fearless missionary! I don't know when or why I got so shy and timid, that's definitely not who I am, but I have noticed that I have become more scared and insecure as a missioanry. I think it may come from my lack of self-confidence concerning the language, but that is no excuse. Fear is the opposite of faith, and this work cannot continue without faith. I hope this next transfer I can transform into this faithful, powerful, testifying missionary :)
We set a baptism date with the Davila family this week for the 16th of May! We had to wait so long to set a date with them because they had to quit smoking first, which was very difficult since Elva had been smoking A LOT for a very long time. Last week we asked Elva if she had cut down on smoking and she said she hadn't smoked all week! AND that she thinks this week she won't smoke at all! I was so blown away that she has been able to quit so quickly. It has been another testimony to me that the Lord is in this work and that as He has seen Elva's desire to be baptized He has given her the strength to overcome her addiction. The Davila's are so excited to be baptized and I am so excited to continue in preparing them to make these sacred covenants with Heavenly Father.
The Patino's moved out of our area this week to go live with their daughter, which was really hard for me because I just love them so much and will miss seeing them all the time. Juan Carlos bought Hermana Blanco and I some sweet Mexico Soccer jersies :) I love it so much, I am going to rock it today when we can change into our non-proselyting clothes, woot woot. Adela's surgery date was changed and she will now be having the operation this upcoming week, so please keep her and the rest of her family in your prayers.
Not much else is going on, hopefully next week I will be able to report more about what my new companion is like and that I love her to pieces. I hope all is well back home and am extremely grateful for the support I have received from my family and friends :)

Hermana Taets

No comments:

Post a Comment