Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Week 48

Hola Mis Seres Amados

We worked so hard this week, I am feeling so exhausted. I didn't even want to write an e-mail, but I will try and throw something together. I am going to have to use bullets, sorry.

On Wednesday night we met with the family that was a referral from ward members and set a baptismal date with them for the 7th of November. They were so excited and so were we, I just love that family so much and am so excited that they will be preparing as a family to be baptized. Unfortunately, the kids don't know spanish so we are going to turn the teaching over to the english Elders and they will be attending the english ward. Although it was a sad decision to pass them to the Elders I know it is what is best for them in the long run and feel so blessed that I even had the opportunity to meet and teach this family, even for a short time, because I learned so much from them about faith and trust in Heavenly Father.
Saturday we had a tri-mission conference (my mission the Texas Houston Mission, Texas Hosuton South Mission, and Texas Houston East Mission) and Elder Claudio R.M. Costa of the Seventy spoke to us. I really enjoyed this and am grateful for the cousel we received from the mouth of an apostle. I definitely learned a few things that I want to improve on within our companionship so we may be better servants of the Lord and more powerful teachers.
We worked so hard this week, making sure we do an hour of finding everyday, talking to everyone we see, teaching less active members and recent converts, yet we are not having much success. We have a grand total of 0 people that we are teaching consistently. We are not giving up though, I know that the "field is white already to harvest" and that there are people in this area who are prepared to receive the restored gospel. I pray this week we will have more success and be guided to those who are waiting for us.
I love this work. Although I feel more drained than I thought was humanly possible, I love this work. Giving up is not an option and I will keep working my hardest until I may receive the accolade from the Lord, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant, enter thou into the joy of thy Lord".
Hermana Taets

No comments:

Post a Comment